General PurposeTo serve as a cashier for the City of Muskogee Parks and Recreation Department. This position is a part-time, seasonal job located at River Country Family Water Park and/or Spaulding Pool. Cashier must be able to work entire season, May-Sept. Work hours are scheduled around school days at the beginning and end of summer.
Essential DutiesHandle all admission and sales transactions at the front gate. Stock and supply restroom facilities during operational hours. Clean and sanitize restrooms on an hourly basis during operating hours. Assist customers as needed.
SupervisionUnder the direction of the Enterprise Fund concession manager.
- Greet guests and take admissions at the front gate.
- Operate an electronic cash register and credit card machine.
- Perform basic mathematical computations.
- Balance drawer and manage daily income.
- Communicate with the public in a tactful, polite, and friendly manner.
- Clean restroom area on an hourly schedule. Stock all paper supplies in restrooms.
- Handle all sales at the front gate; lockers, water diapers, apparel, etc.
- Clean lockers and clear of items at end of the day.
- Gather and discard lost and found items.
- Assist in party rentals: Guest check-in, party supplies, and set-up, cleaning of Party Island and Pavilion.
- Responsible for keeping the following items out of the water park: ice chests, outside food, and drinks, rafts, any flotation device.
- Alert the water park manager immediately for the following incidences: suspicious acting persons, intoxicated individuals, adults with no children, anyone with a video camera.
- The alert head cashier immediately regarding mistakes or adjustments to the cash drawer. Must be noted on the journal tape for end of the day report.
- Must be able to work a rotating schedule seven days a week, from Memorial Weekend to Labor Day.
- Must be at least 16 years of age.
- Prior experience operating a cash register and balancing a cash drawer.
- Ability to communicate in a positive, friendly manner with patrons.
- One year of customer service experience with the general public.
Physical DemandsWhile performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to walk swim, sit, talk, and hear. The employee is required to use hands and fingers, handle, feel, or operate objects, tools or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift, pull, push, and/or move heavy items. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
Work EnvironmentWhile performing the duties of this job, the employee works in outside weather conditions mostly in the covered entryway. Employees will be exposed to an outside temperature ranging from 80-105 degrees. Minimal duties are performed in direct sunlight. The employee is exposed to hot, wet, and humid conditions. The employee is exposed to cleaning chemicals that must be handled with extreme caution.
Selection GuidelinesSubmission of a formal application, rating of education experience, oral interview, and reference check, job-related tests may be required.
WATER PARK CASHIER
This job description is not an employment agreement, contract agreement, or contract. Management has exclusive right to alter this job description at any time without notice.